Honda vehicles are built to last, which is why so many older Hondas continue to run to this day. A key part of that longevity, however, is preparing your car for upcoming changes in driving. One of the most significant changes in driving comes when the weather turns cold in the winter, and that change requires services that will prepare your car for the winter season. Our service center at Colonial Honda of Dartmouth is ready and waiting to help you winterize your car, and we’ve even put together a list of the services involved in that winterization.
1. Brake Inspection: Wintertime ice can be a major hazard to drive on, especially if your brakes aren’t working at their best. We can make sure your brakes are ready for the impending slipperiness with a quick inspection.
2. Check Wiper Blades: Since windshield wiper blades degrade over time, it’s a good idea to see if they need replacing every so often, and before the winter precipitation is an excellent time to do that.
3. Check/Replace Engine Antifreeze and Coolant: Engine antifreeze and coolant keeps your engine from freezing over or overheating, respectively, so you should have it checked and even replaced if needed.
4. Windshield Crack and Chip Inspection: Small cracks and chips can turn into larger problems if not taken care of, and the cold exacerbates those problems.
5. HVAC Inspection: With a specific focus on your heating, steering wheel warmers, seat warmers, and defrost, we’ll check your HVAC systems to ensure they’re running properly.
6. Change Washer Fluid to a Winter Blend: Winter blends of washer fluid are less likely to freeze or cause you problems in the cold.
7. Battery Testing: Let us check your battery to make sure it can start up your car quickly and without issue.
8. Battery Inspection: We’ll also check the external components of your battery to see that they aren’t interfering with proper battery function.
9. Tire Inspection: We can check your tire condition as well as provide snow tires for your vehicle.
Our service center is the primary provider of Honda winterization services for Dartmouth, Fall River, Fairhaven, New Bedford, Westport, and the surrounding areas. We provide services for the Honda Accord, CR-V, Pilot, HR-V, and any other Honda vehicles you might have. Set up your appointment online today!